How To Make Mozzarella Sticks In Air Fryer?
Just because you don’t have an oven doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the deliciousness of Mozzarella sticks. Air fryer technology has come a long way and is now able to cook up these tasty treats without using any oil! This blog post will show you how to make Mozzarella sticks in air fryer. After following these easy steps, you’ll be enjoying homemade Mozzarella sticks that are crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside.
Mozzarella sticks are a delicious carb-heavy snack. They are easy to make and can be enjoyed by anyone with a craving for something cheesy, crispy, and breaded. This recipe is designed to utilize an air fryer like Ninja Foodi so you can enjoy these tasty treats at home!
Air frying is an excellent way to cook food without using too much oil, reducing calories and fat content while still retaining flavor. It also requires less time than traditional cooking methods making it perfect for those who love spending leisure time outside their kitchen but still want great tasting food!
Mozzarella Stick History:
The Mozzarella Sticks were first introduced to the public in the early 1950s by an Italian food vendor named Lionel Sternberger. His creation of the Mozzarella Sticks was inspired by another Italian snack called Melba Toast, which is thinly sliced pieces of toast covered in melted cheese.
Although Mozzarella Sticks have only become popular recently, they have actually been around since the 1950s. Mozzarella Sticks were first introduced by Lionel Sternberger, an Italian food vendor. Mozzarella sticks are inspired by another Italian snack called Melba Toast, which is thinly sliced pieces of toast covered in melted cheese.
What Are Mozzarella Sticks Made Of?
Mozzarella Sticks are a form of Mozzarella cheese that is battered and deep-fried to create a crispy outside and chewy inside. Also, Mozzarella sticks can be found in different restaurants and fast-food chains throughout the United States and Canada, and other countries around the world.
Mozzarella Sticks consist of Mozzarella cheese cut into long thin strips before being covered in batter or breading, then deep-fried until they are golden brown. They may also have spices added for extra flavoring. Mozzarella Cheese melts easily, so it’s important to take care when handling them during cooking to avoid overcooking them or having molten Mozzarella spill out onto the fryer.
They are often served with a marinara dipping sauce. Mozzarella Sticks can be eaten alone or accompanied by other appetizers such as Buffalo wings, french fries, and onion rings.
Are Mozzarella sticks a healthy snack?
In moderation, Mozzarella sticks can actually be a very healthy part of your diet. Made with Mozzarella cheese and a breading that generally consists of some type of flour or breadcrumb mixture, Mozzarella sticks contain very minimal fat. In fact, the only caloric contribution from Mozzarella is from the carbohydrate content in milk proteins. The fats present are mostly saturated, which is typically fine as long as intake levels don’t exceed 15% of total daily energy intake (a commonly recommended limit for most dietary plans). Depending on what kind of Mozzarella stick you get, it can even come with some antioxidants! For example, certain brands will dust their Mozzarella sticks with garlic powder or Italian seasoning to give them that extra flavor.
When Mozzarella sticks are fried, it’s important to remember that they can absorb a lot of oil and fat! The longer Mozzarella sticks are deep-fried in oil, the more fat they will absorb. This is why Mozzarella sticks should be served with an additional dipping sauce like marinara so you won’t lose track of how many Mozzarella sticks you’ve eaten. With all this said, Mozzarella sticks could actually be one of the healthier appetizers out there if eaten in moderation! For example, I’d never recommended Mozzarella sticks as your main dish for dinner (unless you’re trying to up your calorie intake). That being said, Mozzarella sticks make a great snack for between meals or even as an appetizer before your meal.
These Mozzarella cheese sticks are delicious and actually nutritious! Mozzarella is typically low in fat, contains minimal carbohydrates, and is high in calcium (perfect for strengthening one’s bones). Because Mozzarella is high in calcium, mozzarella also comes with the added benefit of having quite a bit of protein (which can be useful if you’re trying to build muscle).
Mozzarella Sticks Nutrition Facts:
Nutrition Mozzarella Sticks Nutrition Mozzarella sticks are pieces of cheese (milk, specifically) that are breaded and deep-fried. While this might seem harmless, Mozzarella sticks have a lot of fat in them. Mozzarella sticks have about 37 grams of fat. In terms of other macronutrients, this food has 10g protein and 12g carbs per serving. It also has around 260mg of cholesterol per serving. Mozzarella sticks are rated 96/100 by Men’s Health magazine as an “extremely tasty” food. Still, the food’s nutrition facts indicate that this isn’t a healthy snack to eat on a regular basis. Mozzarella sticks also have some vitamins and minerals.
Mozzarella sticks contain calcium, iron, and vitamin A (for both men and women). Also, Mozzarella sticks provide 26% of daily calcium requirements for adults and 38% of daily iron needs. Mozzarella sticks do not contain many micronutrients. They only have trace amounts of other vitamins such as Vitamins B, C, and E. Moarella Sticks have around 260 calories per serving. Mozzarella sticks contain a high amount of fat, as previously stated. So, it might be best to avoid this food if you are trying to reduce your caloric intake.
How to make mozzarella sticks in air fryer?
The Mozzarella sticks are one of the most popular appetizers in America. Whenever you go to a sports bar, you should consider Mozzarella sticks as an option. However, Mozzarella sticks at bars are usually deeply fried, which is not good for our health. The air fryer Mozzarella sticks are healthy because they are baked with hot air instead of being fried in oil.
A recipe for Mozzarella sticks in an airfryer is provided below:
- 4 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese cut into 12 equal pieces.
- 2 cups fine bread crumbs or panko (Japanese breadcrumbs).
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 2 egg.
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes.
- Olive oil cooking spray.
- Mozzarella sticks marinara sauce (optional).
- Mix together flour, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Take out two bowls for mixing up your batter. To one bowl, whisk together an egg with salt and pepper; to the other, mix the breadcrumb mixture with parmesan cheese.
- Put Mozzarella cheese pieces on a plate and coat them with breadcrumbs. Make sure that Mozzarella sticks are fully covered in bread crumbs or panko.
- Pull apart Mozzarella cheese, so there are no clumps of them left – only individual strings of Mozzarellas should exist before this step. Then cut each Mozza-string in half so you have a bunch of shorter Mozzarella strings in a similar size range. Now use tongs to put Mozzarella strings into the batter. Stir around Mozzarella string with tongs for a few seconds, covering them evenly. Then lift Mozzarella string out of the bowl and put Mozzarella strings in the breadcrumb mixture bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Spray Mozzarella sticks with cooking spray before placing them in the basket of the air fryer.
- Put Mozzarella sticks on the Baking/cooling rack inside Air Fryer cooking machine. If you want to make Mozzarella sticks that are very crispy, put Mozzarella sticks at the bottom of the pile, closer to the heating element. If you’re making Mozzarella sticks that are less crispy but still have some crunch, place them at the top of the pile so they won’t touch the heating element.
- Now all you need to do is wait for Mozzarella sticks to finish cooking! It should take about 10-12 minutes for Mozzarella sticks in the air fryer.
- Serve Mozzarella sticks hot with a marinara sauce for dipping. Once Mozzarella sticks are done, place them on a plate and serve!! Enjoy!
Optional: If you want your Mozzarella sticks crispy, you can add more breadcrumbs or panko to make sure they are properly coated all over again after air frying so that each Mozzarella stick is crispy.
Suggested tweakings: Make Mozzarella sticks spicy by adding garlic powder, red pepper flakes, or black pepper to the Mozzarella cheese mixture before covering them with breadcrumbs or panko.
You can now enjoy homemade Mozzarella sticks that are crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post! If you’re interested in learning more about how to make Mozzarella sticks in an air fryer, be sure to check out our blog for other great recipes. Until next time, thanks for reading!