General Wong doesn’t disappoint with this variation of traditional Chinese Beef and Broccoli. Make the dish at home to escape the MSG-induced coma you’ll most likely experience if you order it in a restaurant. It is one of my favorite healthy air fryer recipes and one that we love here! This recipe will serve four people perfectly.
With General Wong’s variant on classic beef and broccoli, he does not disappoint–and neither should you when cooking up his meal for friends or family members! The best part? It only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish, making it perfect for those who want something quick but delicious. All dishes are better served fresh out of the oven rather than reheated, so what are you waiting for for?!
The beef and broccoli dinner has never been more satisfying. With just a few ingredients, this dish is quick to make in the air fryer for an easy weeknight meal that will impress your date with its simplicity or wow them at lunchtime! Pad Thai may be too spicy of a choice as it’s heavy on spice but not much flavor; however, if you can handle the heat, then go ahead and give it a try – they won’t regret their decision when sitting down to enjoy these dishes.
What Broccoli Contains: Broccoli is a green vegetable that belongs to the cruciferous family of plants. It’s a member of the Brassica oleracea species and falls under the genus known as Brassica. In addition, Broccoli is part of Cucurbita together with cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, and collards.
Broccoli is a relatively low-calorie food that contains vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate. It also provides large amounts of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. Broccoli also supplies fiber along with the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs every day to stay healthy. Also, broccoli is considered one of the most nutritious vegetables in the world. Broccoli is a good source of potassium and provides vitamin K, folate, and fiber.
One serving of Broccoli (3/4 cup or 91 grams) contains approximately: 31 calories 0.3g fat 30mg sodium 6g total carbohydrate 2.5 3g dietary fiber 1.5g sugars Broccoli is low in saturated fat and cholesterol. It also contains no added sugars, sugar alcohols, trans fats, or sodium (salt). Broccoli contains about 6% of the recommended daily value for iron, among other essential vitamins and minerals.
Broccoli supplies a wide range of vitamins and nutrients Broccoli is low in saturated fat and cholesterol. It contains no added sugars, sugar, alcohols, trans fats, or sodium. Broccoli also supplies a wide range of vitamins and nutrients, including iron.
Recipe for Beef with Broccoli
- Time to prepare: 45 minutes
- Time to cook: 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hr
- Calories per serving: 290 kcal
Ingredients: Beef and Broccoli
- 5 pound round steak, thinly sliced (3 oz is one serving).
- 2 pound broccoli stems trimmed and florets sliced.
- 1 cup sherry.
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce.
- 2garlic clove.
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil.
- 2 teaspoon of white sugar.
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch.
- 1 cup Oyster sauce.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- 2teaspoon ginger, chopped or pureed.
Instructions for Beef and Broccoli:
- Set aside the round steak, which has been sliced into thin pieces.
- Combine oyster sauce, sesame oil, sherry, soy sauce, and sugar in a medium mixing basin. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and the cornstarch is evenly distributed.
- This recipe starts with all the ingredients in a medium bowl. After that, you’re going to let them marinate for at least 45 minutes before eating! All of these flavors come together perfectly and create something so delicious.
- For a minimum of 45 minutes, marinate the round steak strips in the marinade.
- Broccoli florets should be steamed.
- Preheat the air fryer to 320°F for 10 minutes.
- Place a parchment paper liner in the air fryer and put the meat in a single layer. Toss the meat with the garlic, ginger, and olive oil.
- At 320°F, air fried for 15 minutes.
- You can serve this dish with rice on the side or just as is, and top it off with chopped scallions and sesame seeds to create a delicious meal.
Combine the beef and broccoli in a bowl and serve with rice. Enjoy!