If you’re looking for a great way to store and preserve food, then you should consider trying out a new kitchen tool – the food dehydrator. Food dehydration is an age-old practice that has been used to maintain nutritional value in produce for years. Not only will it help minimize food waste and give you delicious snacks, but it can also be good for your budget too! In this blog post, we’ll delve into some of our favorite recipes to try with your food dehydrator and get your creative juices flowing as you think about how to best make use of this amazing device. So let’s jump right in!
In this day and age of convenience meals, finding dehydrator recipes might be difficult. However, dehydrated food is the original convenience food, and few food preservation methods are faster, simpler, or more flexible than basic dehydration. With food dehydrator recipes below to fill your pantry, you can resurrect this lost craft!
1. Fish Jerky
Fishes with minimal fat are the best for jerky. Oily species such as catfish ought to be shunned for this use because they’re much more likely to be rancid. Fish makes great jerky. Brown sugar, Soy sauce, garlic flavor, and olive oil are needed for preparing fish jerky. The appropriate plan can save time for this recipe. You can dry the actual jerky in a dehydrator, smoker, or oven. Other skinny white fish fillets might be a replacement for the trout.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- 1 Teaspoon light brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground dark pepper.
- 1 pound trout fillets, slice into 1- inch-wide strip lengthwise.
The method of Preparation:
- Whisk together the soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic, along pepper. Heat over low plus mix till sugar melts. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature immediately.
- Place fish in a zip-top bag. Dump soy mixture in the bag, clutch out the fresh air, plus toss to layer the entire fish strip. Refrigerate for four hours.
- Take out trout from the actual marinade plus pat dry. Put on dehydrator racks, strips not coming in contact with. So air may circulate, and stick to the manufacturer’s directions to dry the jerky to the particular level you like. The fish can also be dried on holders in the oven about its lowest placing or in a smoker. Preserve the fish jerky in the sealed plastic bag.
2. Beef Jerky:
Beef jerky is a tasty and excellent snack for your summertime road outings or backpacking adventures. Jerky is an excellent way to use up leftover meat hanging out your refrigerator or even to take benefit of summer product sales in the supermarket. It is also a simple way to consume a few spices or flavorings you may have lying around. It can be prepared to conciliate even the most persnickety palate.
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Cooking time: 4 hours
- Marinating: 1 day
- Prepared: In 12 hours and 20 minutes
- 2 pounds of beef round steak, sliced into slim strips.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke.
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer.
- 2 teaspoons salt.
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
- 1-tsp paprika.
- 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Place beef strips at the bottom of a big bowl. Pour brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic powder, onion powder, meat tenderizer, plus paprika over beef. Mix to make sure all the meat is coated evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or perhaps overnight.
- Remove meats from bowl plus place between 2 pieces of plastic wraps; pound to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Set up the meat strips upon the tray of the actual dehydrator plus dry at the dehydrator’s utmost setting until carried out to your choice, at a minimum of 4 hours. Store it in an airtight resealable or container bag.
Beef jerky is an excellent birthday present for a foodie, or mid-day snack, Christmas stocking stuffer without fretting about utensils or refrigeration!
3. Dehydrate Oranges:
Oranges contain vitamin C, vitamin A, and Folate. In the mineral division, orange scores well in Magnesium, Phosphorus, Calcium, and Potassium. Whenever fully dehydrated, the dried oranges demonstrated in the bowl had been so lightweight!
Let’s keep in mind these dehydrated citrus fruit rinds could be wonderful floor up to be utilized for flavorings as well as for baking! If you take away the dehydrated rind as well as white pith, the dehydrated fruit is employed to make a very tasty snack. The pith may be the bitter-tasting component of citrus.
How to Prepare Dehydrate Oranges:
- Wash and clean the skin of the citric fruits.
- Cut the citrus into 3/8″ thick pieces and set your own food dehydrator trays.
- Turn on the food dehydrator plus set the heat to 125°F and 135°F (or your meal dehydrator’s instructions).
- Drying period: between 2-12 hours.
- Citrus is definitely brittle once dried completely. Please be sure you rotate the dehydrator trays about drying actually.
The flavor is quite focused and a little bitter due to the pith. I really like how they look plus will include a splash of color to your Great Wall structure of Preserves.
4. Dried Cranberries:
Dried cranberries are created by dehydrating refresh cranberries partially, a process comparable to producing grapes into raisins. They are well-known in trail mix, salads as well as bread, with cereals or eaten by themselves.
Dried cranberries contain the similar nutrients like clean cranberries (notably nutritional fiber and antioxidants). Nevertheless, commercial drying processes reduce the quantity of vitamin A and vitamin C substantially. Dried out cranberries consist of simply no cholesterol, saturated or Trans fat. Eating dried cranberries will give the very little amount of people’s daily requirement of minerals and vitamins.
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of real cranberries.
- 2 quarts boiling water.
- 1/4 cup corn syrup or sugar.
The method of Preparation:
- In a perfect bowl, pour hot water over the cranberries or even submerge them in a container of boiling water with the heat turned off. Allow them to sit in the pure water until the skins pop.
- Don’t let the berries boil or the flesh will change mushy. Drain. In the event that desired, coat the berries with the light corn viscous, thick treacle or granulated sugars. Transfer the real berries to a cooking sheet plus place them in a refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Freezing the berries assists in floating down the cell formation promoting quicker drying. Place the berries on the mesh sheet inside the dehydrator and dried out for ten to sixteen hours, based on the label of the actual dehydrator, until chewy plus without pouches of moisture.
- An additional approach to drying is usually to turn the oven carefully for ten minutes at 350 Fahrenheit. Place the cranberries on a cookie sheet in the oven then, switch off the oven, and let them be seated overnight.
- Store dried cranberries inside the freezer. Remember that dry cranberries can be utilized instead of raisins in quality recipes!
5. Fruit Roll-ups:
Preparing your fruit roll-ups is really as easy as blending fruits. There are some simple methods that if you comply with, your fruit roll-ups will come out thick, peelable, as well as delicious! All fruits will produce different results slightly. The addition of honey or sugar enhances the texture plus prepares the fruit roll-ups just a little chewier if you leave it out.
- 5 cups fruits ( any type).
- Baking Linen.
- Silicone mat.
- Good mesh strainer (optional).
The method of Preparation:
- Blend the fruits together until very smooth.
- Pour into a nice mesh strainer in case you want to remove the seeds.
- Line a baking sheet having a silicone mat.
- Pour the mixture onto the mat, and spread with a spatula. Make the mixture at least 1/4 inch thick, specifically watching the edges.
- Turn on the food dehydrator plus set the heat to 125°F and 140°F.
- Once the mixture is soft and smooth, place it in the oven and bake for four to six hours until mixture has dried fully.
- Cut with the scissors into strips plus roll in wax, freezer paper or even plastic wrap.
The recipe is almost ready. Store it for up to one month.