The air fryer is perfect for this in-between weather, and what better way to use it than with a lean, delicate sirloin steak? Use the machine’s high-speed fan for cooking your favorite cut of meat. Make sure not to overcrowd so that everything gets crispy on all sides. And don’t forget some veggies! This dish needs mushrooms; they’ll pair great with the crisp kale salad, which will make you feel like spring has sprung up right outside your window even if winter refuses to leave yet!
The unpredictable unpredictability period between winter and spring means low temperatures (and sometimes rain). Still, it can also be an excellent time of year for using one’s air fryer, thanks to its ability to cook food quickly without much oil needed.
If you’re feeling chilly and need a break from the rain, try our suggested steak dish. We used lean sirloin steaks for this recipe with a crisp kale salad that is perfect for springtime!
Options with Air Fryer Steak and Mushrooms
This air fryer steak and mushrooms entrée is excellent on its own, but it also goes well with other foods like a typical Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. This easy recipe may be used to start the perfect weeknight dinner by pairing your favorite beef dish alongside dishes you’ve never tried before that are sure to impress everyone who tries them!
When you’re looking for a delicious and filling dish, air fryer steak with mushrooms is always an excellent choice. This recipe can be served on its own or paired up with your favorite dishes like Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches, open-faced sandwich steaks, or stir-fries!
What kind of steak should I use for this Steak with Mushrooms?
I prefer to buy boneless steaks that are around one and a half inches thick. This is because thicker steak has more fat, which aids in the meat’s juiciness throughout the cooking process. Thus, we usually buy boneless rib-eye or New York strip steaks; I like my beef on the rare side, so these two cuts of steak make it easy to avoid overcooking!
People often overlook the importance of healthy meat in their diet. You want to ensure that it is devoid of antibiotics and hormones, 100% grass-fed, grass-finished, humanely raised from start to finish, so you know what’s in your food. ButcherBox has some great quality guaranteed meats that will help fill up a meal for any occasion without compromising flavor or healthiness!
Of course, buying high-quality meat can be tricky depending on where you live, but there are many ways around this problem, like using an online service called Butcher Box, which guarantees good quality products with no need to leave home!
You may be wondering what kind of steak to use for this Steak with Mushrooms. Well, worry not! This great company will send your meat right to your home to have complete peace of mind about the quality and type going into it. All their beef is antibiotic/hormone-free and grass-fed; they even offer sugar-free bacon as an option if you’re trying out a new diet or following medical orders from a doctor.
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for any night of the week. You can enjoy a hearty, fulfilling dinner in 10 minutes or less! The simple ingredients make cooking this dish ahead on your day off as well-organized as it will be delicious to eat when you’re done. This recipe couldn’t be any easier! You only need five ingredients for this delicious dish. Steak, mushrooms, steak seasoning, oil, and salt are all you’ll need to make a healthy meal in no time at all. Add some salad or sides on the side if desired too- it’s your choice!
From Rare to Well done
|Preparedness||The center should be||Temperature|
|Rare||Coolish red center||125°F (52°C)|
|Medium Rare||Warmish red center||135°F (57°C)|
|Medium||Warmish pink center||145°F (63°C)|
|Medium Well||Slightly pink center||150°F (66°C)|
|Well Done||No pink or very little||160°F (171°C)|
How do you create homemade mushroom and onion gravy?
- Creating homemade mushroom and onion gravy is a cinch. All you have to do is keep all of the pan juices in your skillet when you’re done grilling steak, then add flour into the mix until it becomes thick like a paste. Add mushrooms after this point and cook them for about 2 minutes before adding diced onions, so they are still crunchy but not burnt or raw-looking, which would make it unpalatable if that’s what happened!
- The best way to make mushroom and onion gravy is by browning your flour before adding the beef broth. This gives it a nice, nutty flavor that regular white flour can’t achieve on its own.
- It is easy to make your mushroom and onion gravy! First, slowly pour in the broth while constantly swirling it. This will ensure that you get an even mixture throughout the liquid.
- Mushroom and onion gravy is a delicious way to give your steaks the flavor they deserve. The perfect thickness for these sauces is 4-5 minutes, which allows you to enjoy it after resting your steak!
- You may either return the steaks to the pan and let the sauce soak in or serve them with gravy on the side. If you want your steaks to stay juicy and won’t be serving them right away, keep them on a platter until you’re ready to serve them.
Air Fryer Steak and Mushroom Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 390 kcal
- 2 pound strip steak of sirloin.
- 1-carton sliced mushrooms.
- 1-tablespoon of steak seasoning (to taste).
- 1 packet Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix.
- 1-pinch of salt.
- 1-tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- Slice the mushrooms thinly and mix with olive oil and salt before serving.
- Sliced ribeye steak into bite-sized pieces, add all the ingredients to a bowl, and toss until coated.
- Strip the sirloin and season it with steak spice.
- Place the steak strips and mushrooms in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 380 degrees F, flipping halfway through. (Cook time will vary depending on how you like your steak done.)
- Medium-rare steaks should be cooked for 6 minutes, while well-done steaks should be cooked for 8 minutes.
- Place on a plate and enjoy!