A Friday evening is the perfect time to indulge in an unhealthy but delicious meal. You’ve just returned from work, and you’re feeling tired; all that’s on your mind is wings and beer! But after a long day at work, it may be too much for you to even think about going out for supper or ordering takeout! Luckily, this recipe solves these problems: with minimal effort (or any difficulty!), you can now make excellent buffalo chicken wings right in your kitchen using only an air fryer.
Let’s spice up the night with air fryer wings! Prepare your favorite sauce and get ready for less than 30 minutes of deliciousness. These crispy chicken wings are a new way to enjoy dinner time without wasting any precious free hours cooking in front of an oven while you’re watching that episode from last season again or scrolling through social media, which is just as unproductive if not more so. Instead, Cook these tasty treats at home tonight and never go hungry ever again–unless breakfast happens when it should be lunchtime, but who doesn’t like snacking on waffles?
You’ve got all day tomorrow (and then some) after all; why not spend this evening getting something done before bed instead of mindlessly clicking around online?
This recipe for buffalo wings is a low-carb, keto-friendly, and Paleo diet-appropriate dish. Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo sauce contains only one gram of carbs per serving, making it perfect for those following these diets.
This week, while you prepare for evening dinners throughout the workweek, let your air fryer do the job. For example, while they are cooking wings on Tuesday night at home with a beer of your choice and celery sticks dipped in ranch dressing – try something new! We have keto chicken wings or sweet n’ spicy as an alternative if buffalo sauce isn’t quite up to par.
Is Buffalo Sauce Hot Sauce?
Yes, Buffalo Sauce is a traditional hot sauce with some extra ingredients added in. Buffalo sauce is a spicy sensational side condiment to douse on everything from chicken to shrimp.
Technically, the answer to that question is yes. Vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce is the crucial ingredient of buffalo sauce. What makes buffalo sauce different from hot sauce is that equal parts of melted butter are added. That’s why buffalo sauce is slightly thicker and milder than regular hot sauce. Buffalo Sauce was invented in Buffalo, New York, by a man named Arthur Schut.
Buffalo Sauce is usually made with cayenne pepper, vinegar, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and butter, all mixed. So, Buffalo Sauce is traditionally used on Buffalo Wings but can be served with fries or even poured over a salad. Buffalo Sauce is very popular in Buffalo, New York, because it was invented there. Buffalo wing connoisseurs have come to know Buffalo Wings by the way they are sauced and how they are prepared. Besides, Buffalo is known worldwide for Buffalo Sauce, Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Potato Chips, and Buffalo Cheesecake.
So Buffalo Sauce is a hot sauce but not just any hot sauce. Buffalo Sauce is a particular form of hot sauce that has some extra ingredients added to it to go beyond being just spicy. So, Buffalo Sauce is not just Buffalo wings. Buffalo sauce is a delicious, spicy, vinegar-based hot sauce that goes way beyond Buffalo Wings.
Buffalo Wings in the Air Fryer
- Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
- Time to Cook: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 390 kcal
- 3 pounds frozen chicken wings.
- 4 tablespoons Buffalo sauce Ray’s Sweet Baby.
- Kosher salt.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- Using your preferred oil, sprinkle in your air fryer basket (I used avocado).
- Frozen chicken wings should be used to line the basket of your air fryer.
- You don’t have to go buy wings if you’re feeling lazy! Instead, place butter in a microwaveable bowl and heat it until melted. Next, add some hot sauce of your choice (I’m part of the Louisiana Hot Sauce) while constantly stirring with a whisk – but make sure not to burn yourself.
- Preheat oven to 380°F and bake for 15 minutes.
- To cook evenly, shake the basket or flip the wings. Drain oil and season with salt and pepper or more seasoning if desired.
- Cook 15 minutes more at 380°F or until done.
- Put the sauce buffalo wings in a large bowl. If desired, return the wings to the air fryer and cook for an additional 10 minutes at 320°F.
- Plate and enjoy!